Fruit & Lambic
- 3 Fonteinen Braambes oogst 2020 (75cl – 5,5%)€45,003 Fonteinen Blackberry is obtained by the maceration of hand-picked blackberries on young traditional lambic, for at least four months, at a ratio of one kilo of blackberries per liter of traditional lambic. Then the fruit lambic is assembled with young lambic and everything is bottled, and the fermentation continues in the bottle. The result […]
- 3 Fonteinen Frambozenlambik (37,5 cl – 5%)€20,003 Fonteinen Frambozenlambik is the fruit lambik coming off the maceration tank / barrel, possibly blended with young lambik, just prior to bottling. The entry includes all fruit intensities, such as straight non-blended fruit lambic (+/- 80%) or blended with young lambic (35% and up).
- 3 Fonteinen Golden Blend (75cl – 7,5%)€40,003 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Golden Blend is a blend of one-, two-, three-and at least 25% four-year old lambics. Spontaneous fermentation, patient maturation in oak barrels, and continued evolution in the bottle result in a distinctively complex beer.
- 3 Fonteinen Golden Doesjel (season 19/20) (37,5cl – 6%)€20,003 Fonteinen Golden Doesjel is a blend of one- to at least 25% four-year old lambikken. Spontaneously fermented but unfortunately not in the bottle any more. Matured in oak barrels. Extended bottle ageing. Unfiltered. Unpasteurized.
- 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze (37,5cl – 6%)€10,00A true Geuze – a blend of 1, 2, and 3 year-old lambic, unfiltered and unpasteurized, and aged in the bottle for at least a year after blending. Refermentation in the bottle gives this Geuze its famous champagne-like spritziness. The lambic that goes into it is brewed only with 60% barley malt, 40% unmalted wheat, […]
- 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Geturfd (75cl – 10,6%)€20,003 Fonteinen Oude Geuze is a blend of one-, two- and at least three-year old lambikken. Spontaneously fermented. Matured in oak barrels. Extended bottle ageing. Unfiltered. Unpasteurised.
- 3 Fonteinen Oude Kriek (37,5 cl – 5,7%)€15,00Oude Kriek 3 Fonteinen is produced by ripening of cherries (both the flesh and the seeds) in young Lambic. This process takes between 6 to 8 months. After bottling the beer matures for at least 4 months in a warm room where the spontaneous fermentation in the bottle is done. The head of Oude Kriek […]
- 3 Fonteinen Pruim Conducta (19/20) (75cl – 7%)€40,003 Fonteinen Pruim is the slow and all-natural maceration of hand-picked whole plums or zwetschgen on traditional lambic. No addition of juices, syrups or artificial sweeteners. Unfiltered. Unpasteurised.
- 3 Fonteinen Schaarbeekse Kriek (75cl – 6%)€50,003 Fonteinen Schaarbeekse Kriek is the result of macerating local hand-picked Schaarbeekse cherries on young traditional lambic for at least one year, in a proportion of one kilo of sour cherries per liter of lambic. The cherry lambic is then blended with young lambic and bottles, after which our famous Schaarbeekse Kriek matures for another […]
- Boon Kriek (25cl – 7,00%)€3,00Kriek Boon is a traditional Belgian Lambic fruit beer. It is brewed according to the traditional Lambic style of spontaneous fermentation. Only fresh cherries are used.
- Bush Pêche Mel (33cl – 8,50%)€5,00The Pêche Mel Bush was born as a popular student cocktail. Now it is a combination of the Bush Amber and a peach beer. It has been brewed since 2009 by Brasserie Dubuisson. It is produced with the same care and attention as the other Bush beers, with his own original recipe containing natural peach […]
- Bzart Kriekenlambiek (75cl – 8%)€40,00Bzart Lambiek Brut Nature is probably the first and only sparkling kriekenlambic beer in the world. It is a delicious aperitif and perfect to pair with chocolate, blue-veined cheese, game and all preparations with almonds. It originated from collaboration between Domus Ad Fontes and brewery Oud Beersel.
- Bzart Lambiek (75cl – 8%)€35,00Bzart Lambiek Brut Nature is probably the first and only sparkling lambic beer in the world. It is ideally suited as an aperitif, a degestive or as a beverage to accompany a meal. It originated from collaboration between Domus Ad Fontes and brewery Oud Beersel.
- Cantillon Rosé de Gambrinus (37,5cl – 5%)€13,00A Raspberry Lambic. The process to make this beer is identical to the one to make Kriek. When young, the Rosé de Gambrinus will still present its full fruity taste. Later on, the lambic taste will become dominant at the expense of the fruit taste.
- Cherry Chouffe (33cl – 8,00%)€4,50Mc Chouffe with cherries.
- Delirium Red (33cl – 8,00%)€4,50The Delirium Red has a deep dark red colour with a light pink, compact and lacing head. It has a sweet and fruity flavour with a nice balance between sweet and sour.
- Duchesse de Bourgogne (25cl – 6,20%)€3,50Duchesse de Bourgogne is a traditional top fermented reddish, brown ale from the West-Flanders region of Belgium. The refined ale also known as “The Burgundies of Belgium” is a blend of 8 and 18 months old ales following careful maturation in oak casks. 100% natural and unpasteurized.
- Green Walnut Oud Beersel (75cl. – 6,00%)€30,00Oud Beersel Green Walnut is a blend of 1 and 2-year old lambics with fresh green walnuts added.
- Hoegaarden rosé (25cl – 3,00%)€3,00The idea came from the story of the jam jars. It might be pink but it is very much a wheat beer. It also features the soft taste and subtle colour of raspberries. The ingredients are water, barley malt, unmalted wheat, fruits (10%), raspberry (6%), sugar, sweetener, hops and yeast.
- Kasteel Rouge (33cl – 8,00%)€4,00Kasteel Rouge is a blend of Kasteel Donker and cherry liquor. The mix of these two excellent products creates an exceptional soft beer with references to the dark mother beer.
- Lindemans Appel (25cl – 3,50%)€3,00Sour sweet apple taste
- Lindemans Cassis (25cl – 3,50%)€3,00Sweet cassis
- Lindemans Framboise (25cl – 2,50%)€3,00Sour sweet raspberry taste
- Lindemans Kriek (25cl – 3,50%)€3,00Sweet cherry taste
- Lindemans Pecheresse (25cl – 2,50%)€3,00Sweet peach taste
- Oud Beersel 3 years old Lambiek (25cl – 6%)€6,00Lambiek – Traditional
- Oud Beersel Geuze Oude Pijpen (37,5cl – 6,5%)€15,00A blend of the finest Lambics of on average 20 months old matured on ‘old pipes’ of between 60 and 120 years old Ingredients: water, barley malt, wheat, hops 6.5% ABV Colour: golden yellow Aroma: a combination of old wooden barrels and the refreshing aroma of citrus fruits and tangy acidity Flavour: a full-bodied fruitiness […]
- Oud Beersel Juniper Infused Lambic (25cl – 6,8%)€5,00
- Oud Beersel Lambiek infused with Lapsang Chouchong black tea (25cl – 6%)€5,00Lambic – Traditional
- Oud Beersel Oude Geuze (37,5cl – 6,00%)€8,00Oud Beersel Oude Geuze is one of nature’s miracles. Oude Geuze is a blend of lambic from different years. One year old lambic is still readily fermentable. Two year old and three year old lambic main contribution to the taste. Blending the lambic produces a sparkling beer that is made in accordance with time honoured […]
- Oud Beersel Oude Geuze Barrel Selection Foeder 21(37,5cl – 6,5%)€15,00During a prolonged maturation of almost 4 years the lambic on foeder 21 went through a madeirisation process. This lambic is blended with lambics of two other foeders of the same origin , all used for white wine in the past, creates a unique tasting experience.
- Oud Beersel Oude Geuze Vandervelden 137 (37,5cl – 6,5%)€15,00A unique blend that consists only of three year old Lambics from three foeders formerly used for the maturation of Brunello di Montalcino, one of Italy’s best wines. The complexity of the obtained lambics results in a very refined Oude Gueuze.
- Oud Beersel Oude Kriek (37,5 cl – 6%)€10,00Oud Beersel Oude Kriek is an artisanal product,made from real cherries and Oud Beersel Lambic matured in old barrels. They are slowly absorbed into the lambic, which develops a fruity character and a ruby red colour.
- Oude Geuze Boon (25cl – 7,00%)€3,00Oude Geuze Boon is one of the finest examples of the traditional 100% spontaneous fermentation lambic style. To moderate the sourness, Boon Brewery only brews lambic in the seven cold months. (from October until April) According to the traditional “turbid mash” system this lambic beer is aged for one, two or three years in oak […]
- Oude Gewurzt Tilquin à l’Ancienne 20/21 (75cl – 8,4%)€25,00Beer of spontaneous fermentation, the Oude Gewurzt Tilquin à l’ancienne is made from the fermentation of 250 g of Gewurztraminer grapes by liter of lambic. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, this beer is refermented in the bottle.
- Oude Gueuze Tilquin à L’Ancienne (75cl – 7,00%)€20,00The Gueuze Tilquin à l’ancienne is a spontaneous fermentation beer obtained from the blending of 1, 2 and 3 years old lambics. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, it is re-fermented in the bottle for a minimum period of 6 months. The lambics used were fermented and matured in our own oak barrels at the blendery.
- Oude Mûre Tilquin à l’Ancienne (37,5cl – 6%)€15,00The Mûre Tilquin à l’ancienne (6.0% alc/vol) is a spontaneous fermentation beer obtained from the fermentation of fresh or frozen blackberries in young lambics, blended with 1, 2 and 3 years lambic to reach a final concentration of fruits of 260-300 gr fruit per liter.
- Oude Pinot Gris Tilquin à l’Ancienne (75cl – 8,4%)€25,00Beer of spontaneous fermentation, the Old Pinot Gris Tilquin is made from the fermentation of 280 gr of Pinot Gris grapes by liter of lambic. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, this beer is refermented in the bottle.
- Oude Pinot Noir Tilquin à L’Ancienne (75 cl – 8,2%)€25,00Beer of spontaneous fermentation, the Oude Pinot Noir Tilquin à l’ancienne is made from the fermentation of 260 gr of Pinot Noir grapes by liter of lambic. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, this beer is refermented in the bottle. The Pinot Grapes are organic grapes from Burger in Steinseltz.
- Oude Quetsche Tilquin à l’Ancienne (37,5cl – 6,4%)€13,00The Quetsche Tilquin à l’ancienne (6.4% alc/vol) is a spontaneous fermentation beer obtained from the fermentation of destoned fresh purple plums in young lambics, blended with 1, 2 and 3 years lambic to reach a final concentration of fruits of 260 gr fruit per liter.
- Oude Riesling Tilquin à l’Ancienne (75cl – 7,7%)€25,00Beer of spontaneous fermentation, the Oude Riesling Tilquin à l’ancienne is made from the fermentation of 325 gr of Riesling grapes by liter of lambic. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, this beer is refermented in the bottle.
- Oude Sureau Tilquin à l’Ancienne (75cl – 6,5%)€25,00Beer of spontaneous fermentation, the Old Sureau Tilquin is made from the fermentation of 125 g of elderberries by liter of lambic. Unfiltered unpasteurized, this beer is refermented in the bottle.
- Petrus Aged Red (33cl – 8,50%)€4,50Petrus Aged Red is a beer with the perfect balance between sweet and sour. It is a blend of 15% Aged Pale and 85% Dubbel Bruin infused with natural cherries.
- Pyrolysis (44cl – 7%)€13,00Caramelized Sea Buckthorn Sour Ale
- Queenanas (33cl – 7,1%)€8,00Imperial Catharina Sour Ananas
- Rodenbach Alexander (75cl – 6,00%)€12,00It is a blend of 2/3rd aged Rodenbach (100% 2 year aged beer) with 1/3rd younger ale, macerated with sour cherries. The natural flavour and taste of sour cherries brings a perfect match between the sour beer and the red fruit.
- Rodenbach Grand Cru (33cl – 7,40%)€4,50Rodenbach Grand Cru is a blend of 1/3 young beer and 2/3 of beer aged for two years in large oak vats. The more important proportion of oak matured beer contributes to its fruity taste, complexity and intensity. The finish is worthy of a great wine. The colour is between red and brown.
- Schaarbeekse Oude Kriek Oud Beersel 2020 (75cl – 7,2%)€40,00
- Schaarbeekse Oude Kriek Oud Beersel 2021 (75cl – 7,2%)€40,00
- Stout Rullquin (75cl-7%)€20,00Beer of mixed fermentation, the Stout Rullquin is obtained from a blending of 7/8 of Rulles Brune (Stout de Gaume) and 1/8 of a blend of 1 year old lambics, which has matured for 8 months on oak barrels. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, this beer is refermented for 6 months in the bottle.
- Timmermans Oude Gueuze (75cl – 5,50%)€15,00It is a blend of old lambic, which has been aged for three years in wooden barrels, and young lambic which ensures spontaneous fermentation in the bottle. The different lambics are carefully selected by the brewer to obtain a perfect flavour.
- Turbeau Noir (33cl – 8,00%)€5,00Beer commissioned by Franky De Smet-Van Damme, lead singer of Belgian metal group Channel Zero. Sold at Backdoor as the alias ‘Dragonbeer’. It is a clear red brown beer with a creamy beige head. Aroma: sweetish, fruity, forest fruit flavoured candy, blackberries, raspberry flavoured bubble gum. Taste: sugary sweet start, bubble gum, sweet, slightly acidic, […]
- Whiskey Barrel Aged Kriek (50cl – 6,50%)€20,00Zure van Tildonk, aged for one year on oak barrels, then one year with Belgian cherries and six months on wooden Gouden Carolus Whiskey barrels. This beer has a production time of two and-half years. This provides for a lovely deep flavour from the cherries and complex tannines and lactic acitidity from the oak barrels. […]
- XII Flemish Red Ale (33cl – 6%)€5,00This brown ale has a pleasant aroma of green apple, redcurrant, caramel, apple cider vinegar and currant bread. It is aged for 12 months in wooden barrels, which gives it its characteristic aromas. It has a lovely, rounded flavour with alternating dashes of sweet and sour.
- XX Pale Grand Cru (33cl – 6%)€5,00This deep golden beer has explosive scents and aromas of ripe red apple, small red berries, blackcurrants, dried plums and pleasant notes of balsamic vinegar. It was aged for 20 months in wooden barrels to give it the typical notes of vanilla, cognac, nuts and caramel biscuits. There is also a slight hint of Marsala. […]
Ma-di-wo: 16:00 – 03:00
Do: 16:00 – 05:00
Vr: 16:00 – ?
Za: 12:00 – ?
Zo: 16:00 – 03:00
Mon-Tue-Wed: 4pm – 3am
Thu: 4pm – 5am
Fri: 4pm – ?
Sat: noon – ?
Sun: 4pm – 3am
Oude Markt 35
ndv.chaos [at] gmail.com