- Abbazia Tre Fontane (tripel) (33cl – 8,50%)€10,00This trappist has a very mediterranian aroma, probably because of the eucalyptus. Poured hazy orange with a dense lasting white head. The taste is overly spicy, eucalyptus, mint and fruity (orange, citrus)
- Chimay 150 “Green” (33cl – 10%)€5,00Chimay 150 is a strong, blond beer that is refreshing and fruity, tasty and intense. Its mint, bergamot,lime and eucalyptus aromas will take you on a surprising journey. Its delicate hints of rosamary and clove go to go perfectly with subtile notes, enhanced by a touch of invigorating ginger.
- Chimay Blue (33cl – 9,00%)€5,00Chimay blue is principally distinguished by its character of a strong beer. This is a beer whose fragrance of fresh yeast with a light, flowery rosy touch is especially pleasant. Its flavour, noticed when tasting it, only accentuates the pleasant sensations perceived in the aroma while reveiling a light but pleasant touch of roasted malt. […]
- Chimay Cinq Cents (75cl – 8,00%)€13,00The Chimay Triple, which is the brewery’s most recent creation, is labelled ‘cinq cents’ in 75cl bottles. It is golden in collour and succeeds remarkebly in blending mellownes and bitterness.
- Chimay Premiere (75cl – 7,00%)€13,00The Chimay Red is the oldest of the Chimays. Its coppery color and sweet, fruity taste make it a particularly tasty dark ale.
- Engelszell Benno (33cl – 6,90%)€6,00It has a hazy copper colour with some flakes and a large tan head. The nose is malty, yeasty, fruity and a bit roasty with notes of red berries, apples, dried fruits and caramel. The taste is sweet and roasty with a slight sourness. It has a moderately dry finish and a caramelly aftertaste.
- La Trappe Dubbel (75cl – 7,00%)€10,00La Trappe Dubbel has a deep brown colour and attractive beige froth. The use of caramel malt gives it a gentle aromatic caramelised quality. It has a rich malty flavour with a touch of sweetness. Post-fermenting La Trappe Dubbel is a smooth drink, and yet has some real body and intense flavour to it.
- La Trappe Isod’or (75cl – 7,50%)€15,00Unfiltered, slightly sweet amber ale with a hint of caramel, which continues to ferment after bottling and has a rich, slightly bitter flavour, and a fruity aftertaste. Wheat & barley malts, Perle hop.
- La Trappe Quadruple (33cl – 10,00%)€5,00The quadruple is La Trappe’s heaviest ale with a stunning amber colour. Its warm and intense flavour is rich and finely balanced. It is malty sweet, slightly burnt and pleasantly bitter with a sweet aftertaste. The Quadruple continuous to ferment after bottling and offers aromas of banana, almond, vanilla and others.
- La Trappe Tripel (75cl – 8,00%)€12,00La Trappe Tripel’s aroma is slightly malty and estery. Despite its full, rich flavour, this out-of-the-ordinary ale still has a light and dry aftertaste with a touch of bitter finesse.
- Orval (33cl – 6,20%)€5,00In contrast to all other trappist breweries, Orval makes only one beer for the general public. It has an intensely aromatic and dry character. Between the first and the second fermentations there is also an additional dry hopping process. That’s why this beer acquires its pronounced hoppy aroma and extra dry taste.
- Rochefort 10 (33cl – 11,30%)€6,00Although written records of brewing at Rochefort date to 1595, Rochefort 10 was developped in the late 1940’s and early 50’s. It appears on virtually every list of the world’s finest beers. It has a dark brown colour. Its great strenght is that it is balanced by a complexity of flavours and it has a […]
- Rochefort Triple Extra (33cl – 8,1%)€5,00Mellow, with a distinct body just like their classic 6-8-10, the Triple Extra is distinguished by its golden blond colour, its rounded taste, notes of citrus and a spicy fragrance.
- Spencer Monks’ Reserve Ale (33cl – 10,20%)€6,50Fragrant, robust, and full bodied, this classic Trappist Quadrupel is mahogany in color and crowned with a dense, tan, frothy head. Its malt-forward flavor profile yields to a warm finish.
- Spencer Trappist Ale (33cl – 6,50%)€6,50Inspired by traditional refectory ales brewed by monks for the monks’ table, Spencer is a full-bodied, golden-hued Trappist ale with fruit accents, a dry finish and light hop bitterness. St. Joseph’s Abbey in Spencer, Massachusetts, is home to a community of Trappist monks and the first American Trappist brewery.
- Spencer Trappist Holiday Ale (33cl – 9,00%)€9,00Mahogany in color, wholesome in body, lightly spiced, a heart-warming feast day ale from our table to yours.
- Tynt Meadow (33cl – 7,40%)€7,00Tynt Meadow is mahogany-coloured, with a subtle, warm red hue, and a lasting beige head. Its aroma carries hints of dark chocolate, liquorice, and rich fruit flavours. The beer is full-bodied, gently balancing the taste of dark chocolate, pepper, and fig. It leaves a warm and dry finish on the palate.
- Westmalle Extra (33cl – 4,8%)€4,00The golden blonde Westmalle Extra is only brewed twice a year, primarily for use within the abbey. Westmalle Extra is the table beer served to the monks and their guests and is brewed with water, barley malt and hop cones. The Westmalle Dubbel and Tripel yeast is also used for this beer. Westmalle Extra is […]
- Westmalle tripel (33cl – 9,50%)€4,50Westmalle tripel is a strong, dry and spicy trappist ale. It is the product of a secondary fermentation vasting 5 weeks. It is a complex ale with a fruity aroma and a nice nuanced hop scent. It is soft and creamy in the mouth with a bitter touch carried by the fruity aroma. It is […]
Ma-di-wo: 16:00 – 03:00
Do: 16:00 – 05:00
Vr: 16:00 – ?
Za: 12:00 – ?
Zo: 14:00 – 03:00
Mon-Tue-Wed: 4pm – 3am
Thu: 4pm – 5am
Fri: 4pm – ?
Sat: noon – ?
Sun: 2pm – 3am
Oude Markt 35
ndv.chaos [at] gmail.com